I’ve had a couple of these for breakfasts during Jane Fonda month so far…
I know that Jane loves a smoothie, and her brother’s version has had to stand in for the one she demonstrates in her video about breakfasts, as I did not have any PROTEIN POWDER around the place…
But I do now! So watch this space!
As well as cooking lots of things from Jane’s cookbook, and doing the Jane Fonda Workout, I’ve also been catching up on what Jane is doing right now. She has a really great blog – www.janefonda.com and I’m finding it fascinating to see:
- how truly fabulous she still looks
- how INTERESTED she is in everything (art, politics, food – not just the movies)
For example, a post she put up aouple of days ago shows her at the Venice Film Festival where she won the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement. Bravo Jane!
Just gorgeous! If this is what eating healthily and going for the burn does for you, I am IN.
By the way, I let the side down after my Peter Fonda Blender Breakfast yesterday by having this for lunch. Goddamit! Where is my willpower?!
Back on the plan today though…
Here’s Peter’s original recipe…
Now I’ve made this a few times, I’ve modified Peter’s a bit, so here’s my version which I have christened The Easy Rider Smoothie – cool huh?
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 raw egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup blueberries - depends how many I have around the place
- Whizz it all up in a blender.
- Pour it into a mighty glass.
- Walk around the place drinking it and feel VERY SMUG AND PLEASED WITH YOURSELF